we are still working on it
Code Of Ehics SoftwareLinkers
Mam Sidra Tahir has assigned assignment for us to make a report on the IT Based company. We have to include all the IT related code of ethics of that company. For this purpose we choosed the Software Linker for the completion of project.
This report is about the code of ethics of SOFTWARE LINKERS. Important factors are discussed like policies of company for vendors,custormers,employees,suppliers and users. As the software linker is a IT based company so hardware user policy , software installation policy will be considered in this report. The rules and regulation about the security. Pros and cons of these code of ethics for company is also undertaken.
Table Of Contents
7. BYOD Policy:
12. IT Service:
15. Pros & Cons:
Mam Sidra Tahir has assigned assignment for us to make a report on the IT Based company. We have to include all the IT related code of ethics of that company. For this purp se we choosed the SoftwareLinker for the completion of project.
This report is about the code of ethics of SOFTWARE LINKERS. Important factors are discussed like policies of company for vendors,custormers,employees,suppliers and users.
The purpose of this report is to tell about the IT related professional ethics of the company SoftwareLinkers. The main purpose is to see how an IT company works and how it establish the rules and regulation for itself.
As this report is for study purposso the main focus is learning . Purpose isto learn how an it company works through their professional code of ethics.
The scope is very high in the HR management and in the study of ethics of company. By reading these code of ethics of SoftwareLinkers we will come to know how a company design its ethics. So the scope of this report is very widely used in making and managing the rules and regulations of any company.
SoftwareLinkers is committed to providing only the highest quality and most professional websites with an individual creative touch to set your business ahead of the competition. Our goal is to innovate and provide advanced, quality products and solutions.
SoftwareLinkers LLC is a global company. We are headquartered in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. We have been in business since 2002, and have completed thousands of web design projects. We have a dedicated staff of over 60 employees. At SoftwareLinkers we believe in total customer satisfaction. We provide extensive customer service, ensuring your satisfaction with the design, functionality, and the results you get from your site. More importantly, people will find your Web site to be professionally produced, useful and enjoyable, prompting them to visit again and again. At SoftwareLinkers , we know that technology is complex. But we also understand that true information systems should facilitate and simplify your daily operations.
Current IT Ethical Policies:
The main objective and policy is to develop good relatinships with vendors by adopting these following points.
- Avoid Conflicts of Interest
- Fairly deal with them
- Avoid unreasonable demand
Users must follow the company’s following rules and regulation.
- Don’t make copies of software without manager permission.
- Do work as according to guideline.
- Avoid from the misuse of sytem.
- Employee must have to be Reliabile.
- Everyone have to proof himself a great communicator.
- Altruistic and Goal-Oriented thinking
- Employers have a moral obligation to look out for the welfare of employees
- Employees have obligations as well
- Dealing Fairly With Others and Maintaining Professional Relationships
- We should deal fairly with customers, suppliers, competitors, and colleagues, and should not take unfair advantage of anyone through manipulation, concealment, abuse of confidential or privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts, or any other unfair-dealing practice.
- Avoid gifts to Microsoft employees because even a well-intentioned gift might constitute a bribe under certain circumstances, or create conflicts of interest
The purpose is to eastablish good relationships with the supplier by the following the some rules and ways that are mentioned here.
- Deal fairly with them.
- Payment must be done within a month to supplier.
- Speak to the press on behalf of SoftwareLinker only if the Supplier is expressly authorized in writing to do so by SoftwareLinker.
- Don’t demand unreasonable things
In case of customers SoftwareLinker has to keep one thing in mind and that is
“We Are Here Because of Our Customers.”
- We Understand Our Customers Are Our Future.
- Treat Customers Like Family.
- Always Listen to Our Customers.
- Work Hard to Solve Any Problem of customer.
- Must Maintain Positive Attitudes.
- We All Impact Customer Service.
- Provide professional services with integrity.
- Be fair and reasonable in all professional relationships
- Protect the confidentiality of all client information.
All hardware devices acquired by the Association or developed by it (through its own employees or through those hired by the Association to develop the hardware devices) is and at all times shall remain company property. All such hardware devices must be used in compliance with applicable licenses, notices, contracts, and agreements.
All purchasing of company computer hardware devices shall be centralized within the MIS department to ensure that all equipment conforms to corporate hardware standards and is purchased or leased at the best possible price.
The following list shows thetypical hardware configuration for new company computers:
Desktops – provided to employees who work primarily from the office.
- Pentium IV, 2.8 GHz, 2 MB cache Intel Processor
- 3-GB RAM
- Windows 7 Professional
- 300-GB hard Disk
- USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard
- USB Optical Mouse with Scroll
- 3 year warranty / 3 year on site service
Laptops – provided to employees required to frequently work away from the office
- Pentium M Processor, 1.8 GHz
- 4-GB RAM
- Windows 7 Professional
- 500-GB hard Disk
- Extra power adapter and mouse
- 10-14 hours battery
Employees will be given access to appropriate network printers. In some limited cases, employees may be given local printers if deemed necessary by the department director in consultation with the MIS department.
the department director in consultation with the MIS department.
No outside equipment may be plugged into the company’s network without the MIS department’s written permission.
The purpose of the SoftwareLinkers Software Usage Policy is to ensure that SoftwareLinkers employees are properly trained on appropriate procedures surrounding safe and legal use of company-owned software.
Furthermore, this policy is intended to discourage inadvertent (or deliberate) violations of the terms of our organization’s software license agreements and applicable laws when installing and/or using software on computers owned by Software Linkers or private computers used to perform work related to SoftwareLinkers.
SoftwareLinkers employees that use computer systems for work-related purposes must therefore agree to the following conditions for the use of software:
SoftwareLinkers employees that use computer systems for work-related purposes must therefore agree to the following conditions for the use of software:
- To purchase, install, and/or use only software that has been authorized for use on SoftwareLinkers computers.
- To obtain proper documentation for all work-related software purchases.
- To abide by the terms of all license agreements as they pertain to the use of software on SoftwareLinkerS issued computers, as well as on “at home” or personal computer systems used for SoftwareLinkers related work.
- Not to reproduce or duplicate software, in any way, except as provided by the license agreement betwee SoftwareLinkers and the software manufacturer.
Only software authorized by SoftwareLinkers may be purchased, installed, or used on SoftwareLinkers issued computers.
Personal software, or software that an employee has acquired for non-business purposes, may not be installed on SoftwareLinkers issued computers. The only software permitted for installation on SoftwareLinkers computers is authorized software for which SoftwareLinkers has been granted a license.
Only software on the “authorized applications” list may be purchased by SoftwareLinkers employees. If you wish to purchase an authorized application, the following procedures must be adhered to:
- A copy of the software license must be provided to < Department Name > for completion of registration and
- inventory requirements.
- Licenses must be registered in the name of
- and not in the name of an individual end-user.
Duplication of Licenses
Software shall not be duplicated, reproduced, or installed on more than one machine without prior written authorization by manager.
There are no exceptions to this policy. Any employee found violating this Software Usage policy in any manner is subject to disciplinary action (in conformance with SoftwareLinkers disciplinary policies) including possible termination of employment, and/or legal action.
I, _____________________________(print name) have read the SoftwareLinkers Software Usage policy, dated ______________ (print date). I understand it and agree to abide by it.
This policy sets out guidelines for acceptable use of the computer network, including internet and email by employees of SoftwareLinkers. The primary purpose for which access to the internet and email is provided to SoftwareLinkers staff is to assist them in carrying out the duties of their employment.
Staff may use the internet and email access provided by SoftwareLinkers for:
- Any work and work-related purposes.
- Limited personal use.
- More extended personal use under specific circumstances.
Staff may not use internet or email access (including internal email access) provided by SoftwareLinkers to:
- Create or exchange messages that are offensive, harassing, obscene or threatening
- Visit web sites containing objectionable (including pornographic) or criminal material
- Exchange any confidential or sensitive information held by [name of organisation] (unless in the authorised course of their duties)
- Create, store or exchange information in violation of copyright laws (including the uploading or downloading of commercial software, games, music or movies)
- Use internet-enabled activities such as gambling, gaming, conducting a business or conducting illegal activities
- Create or exchange advertisements, solicitations, chain letters and other unsolicited or bulk email.
Staff may not use the computers to play games in work time.
SoftwareLinkers grants its employees the privilege of purchasing and using smartphones and tablets of their choosing at work for their convenience. SoftwareLinkers reserves the right to revoke this privilege if users do not abide by the policies and procedures outlined below.
This policy is intended to protect the security and integrity of SoftwareLinkers data and technology infrastructure.
SoftwareLinkers employees must agree to the terms and conditions in order to be able to connect their devices to the company network.
- Employees are blocked from accessing certain websites during work hours/while connected to the corporate network at the discretion of the company. Such websites include, but are not limited to…
- Devices’ camera and/or video capabilities are/are not disabled while on-site.
- Devices may not be used at any time to:
- Store or transmit illicit materials
- Store or transmit proprietary information belonging to another company
- Harass others
- Engage in outside business activities
- The following apps are allowed: (include a detailed list of apps, such as weather, productivity apps, Facebook, etc., which will be permitted)
- The following apps are not allowed: (apps not downloaded through iTunes or Google Play, etc.)
- Employees may use their mobile device to access the following company-owned resources: email, calendars, contacts, documents, etc.
Devices and Support
- Smartphones including iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows phones are allowed (the list should be as detailed as necessary including models, operating systems, versions, etc).
- Tablets including iPad and Android are allowed (the list should be as detailed as necessary including models, operating systems, versions, etc).
- Connectivity issues are supported by IT; employees should/should not contact the device manufacturer or their carrier for operating system or hardware-related issues.
- Devices must be presented to IT for proper job provisioning and configuration of standard apps, such as browsers, office productivity software and security tools, before they can access the network
- In order to prevent unauthorized access, devices must be password protected using the features of the device and a strong password is required to access the company network
- The company’s strong password policy is: Passwords must be at least six characters and a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols. Passwords will be rotated every 90 days and the new password can’t be one of 15 previous passwords.
- The device must lock itself with a password or PIN if it’s idle for five minutes.
- After five failed login attempts, the device will lock. Contact IT to regain access.
- Rooted (Android) or jailbroken (iOS) devices are strictly forbidden from accessing the network.
- Employees are automatically prevented from downloading, installing and using any app that does not appear on the company’s list of approved apps.
- Smartphones and tablets that are not on the company’s list of supported devices are/are not allowed to
connect to the network.
- Employees’ access to company data is limited based on user profiles defined by IT and automatically
These websites are blocked in the company. We are allowed to access any website leaving them.
- Adult type sites
- Proxy sits
This policy is intended to ensure the proper approval and reporting of transactions between the Company and its Related Parties in the best interest of the Company and its stakeholders.
All Related Party Transactions must be reported to the Audit Committee and referred for approval by the Committee in accordance with this Policy on regular basis.
Company subject to compliance with the following conditions:
- The Audit Committee shall lay down the criteria for granting the omnibus approval in line with the policy on Related Party Transactions of the Company and such approval shall be applicable in respect of transactions which are repetitive in nature.
- The Audit Committee shall satisfy itself the need for such omnibus approval and that such approval is in the interest of the Company
- such omnibus approval shall specify:
- The name of the Related Party, nature of transaction, period of transaction,maximum amount of transaction that can be entered into
- The indicative base price / current contracted price, and the formulae for variation in the price if any; and
- Such other conditions as the Audit Committee may deem fit
- Where the need for Related Party Transaction cannot be foreseen and aforesaid details are not available, Audit Committee may grant omnibus approval for such transactions subject to their value not exceeding Rs.1 Crore per transaction
- Audit Committee shall review, atleast on a quarterly basis, the details of related party transactions entered into by the Company pursuant to each of the omnibus approvals given;
IT Adminstrative Policy
These are the policeis of IT administrative to manage the whole company.
- If any one want to get the new hardware or the software then he/she must signed a agreement from IT Administrative before getting that equipment.
- IT administrators must have to keep the record of each company’s member to access the different types of things like printer,scanner,fax,internet.
- Deal reliably and courtesly with every member of company
IT users must have to provide their services to the company’s members as they required according to these policies.
- Provide the service quickly when the situation is critical or for major problem but the minor problem can be solved within the three days.
- SoftwareLinkers is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
- All rights must be reserved of all company stakeholders.
Blogging & social networking
Blogging and social networking sites are not allowed to access inside the company because employees wasted a lot of them on these sites and these sites also distracted their attention from the work to the other activities which can cause the delay in the word.
- Consider International Laws and the Impact of Transferring Data Between Countries
- Monitor Computer Systems to Detect Any Weaknesses and Intrusions
- Assess (and Reassess) the Sufficiency of Company Data Security Policies and Train Employees on Such
- Ensure Data Security Practices of Third-Party Contractors Are Adequate
- Encrypt Private Information
- Do Not Forget Paper Records
- The greater the number of partners on a project, the more often all partners should communicate.
Pros & Cons
- People respect you. They actually respect you, because you abide by some rules. They know you are a person with integrity.
- People who want justice, or who need help come to you. Because they know you are fair and just. You would help them if they are right.
- People trust you. Since you are always by the book, they know you won’t do anything wrong. Your decisions will be trusted, sometimes, with a blind eye.
- You are popular. People who are ethical, and honest are very rare to find. You’ll be one of those rare samples.
- People want to be your friends, because you display a quality of strength. Because beinga truthful person in corrupt surroundings requires certain boldness. People appreciate the same.
- You grow more confident, and feel more satisfied at the end of the day on having done the right thing. Knowing that you do not contradict your own self makes you feel good.
- Society benefits from business ethics because ethical companies recognize their social responsibilities.
- It would help establish a greater sense of personal identity in a community.
- Lack of international laws and concepts.
- Detecting the weakness of the computer systems.
- Illegal persons and company don’t like the company.
- Threat of leakage of personal information.
- Don’t provid the importance to paper documents.